Sentry users with owner permissions and above can change default notification settings and configure notifications according to a project's needs. Notifications are categorized as Workflow, Deploy, and Quota.
Workflow emails are sent for issue state changes. Workflow relates to activity involving user actions and state changes on issues and alerts, such as resolution, assignment, comments, and regressions.
By default, Sentry subscribes you to issues based on signals:
- Subscription to the issue or all workflow emails in the project
- Involvement in a commit related to the issue
- Commenting on or bookmarking the issue
- Mention of you or your team in the issue
- If you or your team is assigned to the issue
An issue can be in one of the following three states:
Unresolved: The default state when an issue is added to the system.
Resolved: Resolve an issue to indicate that no more events are expected. If another event is seen in the issue, the issue will revert to unresolved, which often identifies a regression. Ways to resolve an issue:
- Manually changing the state on the issue page UI
- Submitting a fix with the associated issue ID
- When the project’s auto-resolve feature is configured. Auto-resolve is located in Project Settings > General Settings.
Resolving an issue will send a notification email as long as you have workflow notifications enabled for that project. For more details about submitting a fix, see documentation on resolving issues.
Ignored: Ignored issues suppress alerts for the issue, and by default, are hidden from your project’s issue stream. Search the issue stream for
is:ignored to view them. Keep in mind; an ignored issue will still count towards your quota.
Deploy emails are sent to users who have committed to the release that was deployed. For more details, see deploy documentation.
Sentry sends all owners of the organization emails when:
- 80% of the organization's error volume has been depleted
- Errors or transactions have exceeded the organization's quota, which includes on-demand capacity
For more details, see our full documentation on Quotas.
Configure your notifications broadly for all notifications and/or according to project by navigating to User Settings > Account.
After selecting the appropriate alert setting, selectively change it by project in User Settings > Account > Fine tune alerts by project. Selecting default uses your default preference from the previous step.
To opt-out of workflow notifications for a specific issue, click the subscription bell icon at the top of the issue’s page.
Configure your deploy notifications broadly for all notifications and/or according to organization by navigating to Settings > Account > Notifications.